Counselor and Advocate You Can Trust Giulio Massi, Attorney at Law
Call Now: 760-325-3394
In many cases where doctors suggest surgery, their patients are already in a great deal of pain or distress. When surgical errors happen, patients experience even more pain and frustration that could have been avoided had the medical professionals adhered to the proper standard of care.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a surgical mistake, the Law Offices of Giulio Massi, in Palm Springs, California, provide aggressive, professional legal representation to secure the compensation you deserve for your injury. Attorney Giulio Massi understands that victims of surgical error feel extremely frustrated, often having gone through multiple rounds of surgery that have not improved their condition, and in some cases, made it worse. Moreover, many patients experience the added frustration of being ignored by their doctors.
If you have been injured as a result of surgical error, you need answers and you need results. Call 800-939-4658 or contact the Law Offices of Giulio Massi online to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your medical malpractice case.
Attorney Giulio Massi has over 20 years of experience practicing personal injury law. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he was a social worker for 17 years, making the system work for his clients. Now, he brings his skills and compassion to every medical malpractice case to help clients navigate through the legal system.
Common Surgical Errors
Patients are often more vulnerable during surgery than at any other time of their life. If you trusted your doctor enough to agree to surgery, attorney Massi believes that that doctor should respect your trust enough to provide you proper medical care.
Unfortunately, surgeons and other medical professionals make mistakes, and these mistakes can cost you dearly:
- Injuries to other organs during surgery can cause infection or bleeding. In addition, failing to identify the surgical mistake often leads to greater medical problems.
- Implanting the wrong hardware causes injury to neighboring organs, such as disc injuries during a spinal fusion.
- Providing the wrong medical device, such as a knee, hip or other joint, can lead to more pain and complications than the patient suffered before the operation.
- Performing the wrong surgery should never happen, but unfortunately it does. When doctors remove the wrong organ or operate on the wrong body part, the consequences can be devastating.
- Leaving unintended foreign objects in a patient should never occur and is always malpractice.